The blogging community has its fair share of ups and downs, strengths and weaknesses, positivity and negativity. And I’ve been on both sides of fence. But I really do love it when bloggers are supportive and champion others.
The lovely Cassie of Cass Travels recently nominated me for a Liebster Award, which is a blogger-to-blogger medal passed on to spread some positivity and get to know more bloggers out there. I was really flattered to have been nominated, so thank you Cassie!
Part of the nomination is to answer the questions posed by the person who nominated you, and then create your own 11 questions to 11 other bloggers you love. So, here goes…
If time and money weren’t a consideration, where would you go?
Oh my god, I think about this all the time. I’d do a full on Round The World trip, visiting every single country (possible) until I was absolutely sick and tired of moving about. I’d start with a country that’s been on my wishlist for so long and always just manages to be beyond our saving capability – Japan. And the best thing? Since money is no object, our two cats could come with us on our private jet. BOOM.
What’s your best ‘you’ll never believe what happened…’ travel story?
We got evicted from our New York rental because the occupant was subletting and skipped rent. It just so happened that the week we were there the landlord got impatient and started the eviction process, no matter who was in there at the time. We had 20 minutes to pack up and leave, so I ended up walking through Times Square crying my eyes out in the day before’s knickers.
The county sheriff was at the door to formally kick us out and we had to go from police station to police station giving statements. The funniest (though not at the time) thing was, the police were actually eating donuts and drinking coffee – a la The Simpsons cops.
You can read more about our New York eviction story here.
What do you have planned for 2016?
We’d really like to buy a house this year so there aren’t any massive travel plans in the works at the moment, but that doesn’t mean we won’t be going anywhere. We’ve just spent a weekend in Manchester now that we only live an hour away, and I’m taking my mum to Edinburgh for a couple of days as a birthday treat. We’ll be celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary in April too, so who knows where we’ll end up!
What would you choose for your last meal?
Definitely macaroni cheese, with a breadcrumb topping. I could probably eat that for tea every single day and not get tired of it.
When you’re not blogging, what are you up to?
I’m usually copywriting for clients, watching It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia on Netflix, starting another cross stitch project, or cuddling my cats. Yeah, I’m a bit of a grandma!
If you could have a super power, what would it be?
It would be so cool to have super speed like The Flash. I could run across the oceans and visit all the places I can’t face a super long flight to. See you in 10 mins, Australia!
What’s your spirit animal?
My spirit animal is most definitely a cat. I love snoozing, prefer home comforts, am fiercely loyal, infinitely curious, and I just loooooove a good ol’ stretch in the morning.
What was the last thing you cooked?
Funnily enough we made a cracking macaroni cheese with spring onions and vintage Lincolnshire Poacher cheese. Oh, and a breadcrumb topping!
Where are you now?
Sat on my sofa in Leeds, covered in a blanket (it’s bloody cold up north) and watching It’s Always Sunny on Netflix while I tap out this post. I’m so predictable.
What is your favourite place in the world?
Here’s the thing – I really love exploring new places and cities, asking people for recommendations and finding little gems on my own. But, there’s nothing better than coming home to our little flat and cuddling my cats while they try to wriggle free. I’ll forever be happy as long as I have my husband and our little family.
Beach, city or mountains?
Definitely city. It’d be weird to have a blog all about city breaks if not! Cities are my favourite places to travel and I can’t actually imagine not living in one anymore. You can read more about why I love cities so much.
There you go! That’s enough about me. Here are the 11 bloggers I’m nominating for a Liebster Award:
- Alright Blondie – a fellow travel blogger with bright pink hair!
- Chicadeedee – an adopted northerner like me and travel blogger with a home I’m pretty envious of
- Ladies What Travel – Keri and Emma are all about part-time travel and they do it flippin’ well!
- Frances Bee – she’s a self-proclaimed ‘blogger with a bad case of wanderlust’
- The Curvaceous Vegan – I’ve just discovered Amie’s blog and already love it! Plus, she’s also a tea enthusiast
- Unlocking Kiki – Kaelene’s posts about Iceland give me serious wanderlust. I will get there someday…
- Passport Stamps – Helen’s about to embark on a Round The World trip and I can’t wait to see what she gets up to. Excuse me while I weep with jealousy
- Blue Window – Rebecca is a brand new blogger just back from backpacking in Southeast Asia and Australia and her first few posts are already great
- LV Loves – My friend Lisa is so lovely and she writes about life and love like no other!
- Paper Planes and Caramel Waffles – Emma’s travel blog makes me want to pack my bags right there and then, and board the next flight to anywhere
- Amy Liz – Amy’s cat is called Tuna Fey…..yeah! Oh, and her blog is showing me all the best places to go in Leeds
And here are the questions I’m asking my Liebster Award nominees:
- What’s your travel style?
- Where’s your favourite place in the world?
- And where’s your least favourite place?
- Describe your blog in 5 words or less
- What’s your fondest travel memory?
- Who impresses you most in life?
- Where would you like to be in 5 years?
- How would you describe your job to a three year old?
- Tell me your go-to favourite movie that never fails to put a smile on your face
- If you found £1m in your bank account, what would you do with it?
- Finally, cats or dogs? (trick question, there is only one answer. And that’s cats)
And here are the Liebster Award rules
- Answer the 11 questions whoever nominated you posed (and tell them when you’ve done it)
- Write your own list of 11 questions
- Nominate 11 bloggers to share the love
- Include the award logo, a link to whoever a nominated you, and the rules in your post
So there you go. Thanks again to Cassie for nominating me and I hope my 11 nominees have fun answering my questions!